EEFective Kent Project
Promising Project Applications for Round 1
Applications for Round 1 of the Promising Projects strand of the EEFective Kent project is now open until 5pm on Friday 31 January 2020. Before applying please check that you are eligible using the eligibility criteria and have given thought to the actions set out under “Before you apply”.
- Must be a publicly funded school in Kent
- Complete the implementation training (either at Headteacher briefings, NLE briefings, Promising Projects Roadshow or online)
Before you apply:
- Check you are eligible, please see above criteria
- Read the prospectus (PDF, 1.6 MB), also available in hard copy by request to EEFectiveKentProject@kent.gov.uk.
- Identify a first and ideally a second choice of projects available from the Promising Projects on offer
- Decide if you want to work in partnership with other schools. If so consider who you would like to work with
- Decide when you would like to implement your chosen Promising Project.
EEFective Kent Project
The EEFective Kent project is a three-year project running until August 2022 aiming to bring evidence-based programmes to Kent to improve educational outcomes. Kent County Council is working with the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) and have created a joint funding pot worth £600,000 to support the implementation of evidence-based approaches and interventions in Kent.
The “Promising Projects” are the first part of the project which we are launching and are inviting schools across Kent to bid for match funding to implement. Promising Projects are programmes for schools that have been evaluated at a large scale and the EEF are confident can improve outcomes for children and young people. The full list of Promising Projects available to Kent through the EEFective Kent project are listed in our prospectus; there are projects that are suitable for Primary, Secondary and Special schools.
There will be three opportunities from January 2020 to apply for match funding to implement one of the Promising Projects. Applications can be made using the application form at the following times:
- Round 1 - Opens for applications at 8am on 20 January 2020 and closes at 5pm on 31 January 2020
- Round 2 - Opens for applications at 8am on 20 April 2020 and closes at 5pm on 1 May 2020
- Round 3 - Opens for applications at 8am on 19 April 2021 and closes at 5pm on 3 May 2021.
We will also be holding a series of events to support each round of applications across the county, this will be your opportunity to find out more specific information about any of the Promising Projects you are interested in and ask any questions you have about the process. We will be holding the following events over the course of the project:
- Wednesday 22 January 2020 from 8:30am to 12pm at the Spitfire Ground, Canterbury
- Wednesday 22 January 2020 from 1pm to 4:30pm at the Mercure Great Danes Hotel, Maidstone.
To book your place at any of these events please email EEFectiveKentProject@kent.gov.uk.
Alongside the Promising Projects, we will also be working on two other areas with the EEF:
- Delivering evidence based EEF report training
- Developing research champions in Kent.
These are in the early stages of planning and we look forward to sharing more details on these areas soon.
If you have any questions, would like more information or would like to join the EEFective Kent Project mailing list, please email EEFectiveKentProject@kent.gov.uk.