Promoting Minority Ethnic and EAL Pupils’ Achievement
Our highly experienced Advisory Teachers are able to support schools to raise the achievement, engagement and inclusion of their minority ethnic and EAL children and young people.
Effective EAL support and a clear understanding of the issues involved with language acquisition for newly arrived and EAL pupils is key to ensure that they achieve their full potential. We can offer training and consultancy for the support and development of beginner and more advanced bilingual learners.
Our offer for Leadership and Management includes:
- Consultations with SMT to narrow any gaps in achievement between EAL learners and others
- Data analysis
- Full audit of EAL, minority ethnic and GRT provision including equality and inclusion
- Centralised and local training through CPD online, including discounts for MATs and Collaborations*
- Bespoke, tailored school based training and briefings for teachers, support staff, Governors and parents*
- Developing the role of EAL coordinators, Inclusion Leads and SENCOs
- Advice on promoting equality and diversity,
- Guidance on tackling bullying and discrimination
- Ensuing the school is promoting British values
- Supporting schools to comply with statutory and government requirements to promote pupil welfare and prevent radicalisation and extremism
- Support to plan learning programmes and a curriculum that ensures that EAL learners get a good start and are well prepared for the next stage in their education, training or employment.
*A comprehensive list of our training offer can be found here.
Support for teaching and support staff includes:
- Individual pupil observations and assessments
- Support and modelling of sound EAL practice for individual teachers and support staff
- Training in academic literacy to raise the achievement of more advanced EAL learners
- Guidance on meeting the needs of newly arrived minority ethnic/EAL pupils
- Lesson observations to ensure effective EAL strategies are in place
- Developing a culturally inclusive curriculum and learning environment
- Writing scrutiny to identify and rectify gaps in writing skills of EAL learners
- Talking Partners and Talking Maths approaches to learning to develop speaking, listening and academic vocabulary.
We will also develop bespoke training to meet your requirements.
CPD online training TBC soon
- A Focus on speaking and listening to enhance EAL learner (DOCX, 14.7 KB)
- Supporting a newly appointed Head of EAL in a Secondary School (DOCX, 14.3 KB)
- The impact of robust EAL assessment and the implementation of effective EAL strategies on pupil’s learning in a Primary School (DOCX, 13.9 KB)
Gillie Heath, Manager
Telephone: 03000 41 70 93
Mobile: 07880 784528