Eliminating HBT bullying and promoting the inclusion of LGBTQ pupils
ISSK is an accredited Train the Trainer for Stonewall
Homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying is widespread in Britain’s schools, affecting hundreds of thousands of young people each year. Research conducted by the University of Cambridge highlights the detrimental impact this has on attendance, attainment and mental health and wellbeing.
In Primary schools:
- Almost 50% of primary school teachers say pupils in their school experience homophobic bullying
- 7 in 10 hear homophobic language - phrases like ‘that’s so gay’ - from pupils.
In Secondary schools:
- 55% of lesbian, gay and bisexual students say they’ve experienced homophobic bullying
- 90% of secondary school teachers say pupils regardless of sexual orientation experience it in their school
- 9 in 10 hear homophobic language (phrases like ‘that’s so gay’).
Almost all teachers surveyed say they want to tackle this problem, but lack the training or support to do so.
Statistics from ‘The Teachers’ Report (2014)’, ‘The Teachers’ Report (2014)’, ‘The School Report (2012)’
ISSK provide consultancy, training and support to settings, schools and others to ensure all practice is inclusive of LGBTQ pupils, parents and staff and all HBT bullying is challenged, addressed and monitored effectively.
CPD online training
Telephone: 03000 41 70 93