Schools are funded from public money and are bound by the Local Authority's requirements on financial controls and monitoring. Governing bodies must operate within the Scheme for Financing Schools and the financial controls below.
The Schools Financial Services team will periodically carry out Compliance Visits to every school to check the school is maintaining accurate records and adhering to the financial controls.
All schools also come within the Internal Audit regime determined by Kent County Council and may be subject to a visit as part of the Internal Audit programme. They will also check the school is maintaining accurate records and adhering to the financial controls.
- Section 1: Bank Account Scheme (PDF, 121.0 KB)
- Section 2: Budgetary control and reconciliation (PDF, 99.1 KB)
- Section 3: Financing major purchases (loans and leases) (PDF, 92.6 KB)
- Section 3a: Loan application form (XLSX, 300.4 KB)
- Section 3b: You can now generate your own loan quote using the new Loan Quote Tool (XLSX, 132.2 KB) without the need to contact Schools Financial Services
- Section 4: Governor's guidance notes on the management of school finances (PDF, 193.0 KB)
- Section 5: Guidance for schools in financial difficulty incorporating the Licensed Deficit Application (DOCX, 100.7 KB)
- Section 5a: Application for approval of redundancy costs (DOCX, 51.4 KB)
- Section 6: Handover of financial assets and account due to change of Headteacher (PDF, 148.6 KB)
- Section 7: Orders for goods and services and payment of accounts (PDF, 131.5 KB)
- Section 8: Receipt of income, security and banking (PDF, 89.1 KB)
- Section 9: Salary payments and subsistence (PDF, 90.8 KB)
- Section 10: Security of equipment, assets and financial system (PDF, 93.5 KB)