Courses At Fusion Healthy Living Centre
26 June 2019
Maidstone and Mid-Kent Mind are partnering up with Fusion Healthy Living Centre in Maidstone to deliver a range of courses which will support the local community and encourage more positive mental health and wellbeing.
Courses will be delivered across 2019, and will include:
- Bounce Back - Bounce Back is a youth emotional resilience course for ages 11-18. The course teaches young people how they can combat stress, deal with emotions and reduce anxiety so they can ‘bounce back’ from the challenges they face in life.
- Coping With Life - This course provides participants with an understanding of what anxiety is and how it is maintained. You will learn skills to lower anxiety, causes and how to deal with fight or flight situations.
- Financial Capabilities - learn more about the wider concept of ‘Mental Health’, and how it can affect our decision making skills.
- Mental Health Awareness - A 3 hour, interactive session looking at mental health in depth. Learn more about mental health, the statistics associated with mental health, the prevalence of mental health, and also the common mental health problems which more people experience than you would perhaps think!
- Mental Health First Aid Youth Lite - An introduction to mental health in young people. This course explores a lot of the areas covered in an Adult course – but also looks at some of the issues facing young people today, such as the prevalence of online activity.
- Resilient Minds - Resilient Minds is a 1 day course for parents aged over seventeen who may be experiencing mental health difficulties. It is also designed to support the parents of children who may be experiencing ill mental health, or may have Autism or ADHD.
- Standing Strong - Empowering young women to feel more confident about body image, whilst also looking at other problem areas such as online safety.
- Taming My Temper - Empowers young people to learn how to proactively engage with individuals in a positive manner. This includes looking at turning negative thoughts into positive thoughts, and also includes a look at positive coping strategies which young people may wish to use.
- Work and Wellbeing - A course designed to build confidence around the workplace so individuals who may be struggling with their mental health feel ready to enter the world of work. This course combines team building work with individual activities to help participants to overcome mental health difficulties which may otherwise prevent them from finding employment.
To book your space at any of these courses, or for further information,please contact Annie Palmer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01622 691177 or 01622 320134.
Telephone: 01622 691177 or 01622 320134