Terms and Conditions for Kent Maintained School Staff
This page contains important information for Headteacher and Managers about the terms and conditions for staff employed in Kent Maintained Schools.
Should staff working in Kent Maintained Schools have queries relating to any aspect of their employment they are advised to discuss these with their Headteacher or Line Manager in the first instance.
Support Staff - Kent Scheme
- Kent Scheme Terms and Conditions of Employment - Blue Book
- Kent Scheme Pay Scales from April 2023 (PDF, 14.9 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter:
- Current Kent Scheme Newsletter from April 2023 (PDF, 123.6 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter 2022 (PDF, 180.5 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter 2021 (PDF, 660.0 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter 2020 (PDF, 174.3 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter 2019 (PDF, 154.4 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter 2018 (PDF, 132.0 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter 2017 (PDF, 118.4 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter 2016 (PDF, 228.1 KB)
- Current Allowances for Schools 2023-24 (PDF, 79.2 KB)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support Staff Job Descriptions - access a library of benchmarked job descriptions for school roles by calling 03301 249990 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kent Scheme Annual Leave Entitlement
Teachers in Kent Maintained Schools are employed on national conditions of service and pay scales which are contained within the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and Burgundy Book. You can find these documents below.
- School Teachers Pay and Conditions
- Conditions of Service - Burgundy Book (June 2023) (PDF, 500.4 KB)
- Pay Scales and Allowances
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Early Career Teachers (ECT) information and resources
- Kent-Teach - search for employment opportunities in Kent Schools
- Previous Conditions of Service - Burgundy Book (August 2000) (PDF, 229.1 KB)
Some of the files on this page may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. See our accessibility statement for information on how to request an alternative format.