Terms and Conditions for Kent Maintained School Staff
This page contains important information for Headteacher and Managers about the terms and conditions for staff employed in Kent Maintained Schools.
Should staff working in Kent Maintained Schools have queries relating to any aspect of their employment they are advised to discuss these with their Headteacher or Line Manager in the first instance.
Support Staff - Kent Scheme
- Kent Scheme Terms and Conditions of Employment - Blue Book
- Current Kent Scheme Pay Scales 2019-20 (PDF, 13.9 KB)
- Kent Scheme School's Newsletter:
- Current Allowances for Schools 2019-20 (PDF, 55.3 KB)
- Current Apprenticeship Pay Rates (PDF, 142.1 KB)
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Support Staff Job Descriptions - you can view a library of benchmarked job descriptions for support staff roles on these pages. Select the Job Descriptions link on the left hand side of the page to view the library
- Kent Scheme Annual Leave Entitlement
Teachers in Kent Maintained Schools are employed on national conditions of service and pay scales which are contained within the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and Burgundy Book. You can find these documents below.
- School Teachers Pay and Conditions
- Conditions of Service - Burgundy Book (PDF, 229.1 KB)
- Pay Scales and Allowances:
- Teachers' Pension Scheme
- NQT Team Information - for guidance for schools employing newly qualified teachers
- Kent-Teach - for information on becoming a teacher and to search for employment opportunities in Kent Schools.