Standing advisory council for religious education
The Standing Advisory Council for Religious Education (SACRE) is a statutory body that oversees the delivery of Religious Education (RE) and collective workshop in the country. Full information on SACRE, including the roles and responsibilities, constitution, minutes of meetings, annual reports and contact details can be found on KCC's public web site.
Kent SACRE are about to launch a new Kent Agreed syllabus for religious education for schools in Kent.
The launch dates are 21 and 22 November 2017 and 23 and 24 January 2018 for Primary schools and 19 February 2018 for Secondary schools with an all day training on using the syllabus provided by RE Today Ltd.
It is important that schools have notice of these dates as soon as possible and further information on the timings, price and venue will soon be forthcoming.
The non-statutory curriculum guidance for religious education in Kent schools 2011
- Introduction (PDF, 49.8 KB)
- Section 1: Curriculum planning (PDF, 549.7 KB)
- Section 2: Learning and teaching (PDF, 129.5 KB)
- Section 3. Assessment (PDF, 272.3 KB)
- Section 4: Subject leader guidance (PDF, 186.3 KB)
- Section 5: Learning across the curriculum (PDF, 170.5 KB)
- Section 6: RE, inclusion and equalities (PDF, 133.1 KB)
- Appendix (i) (PDF, 372.7 KB)
- Appendix (ii) (PDF, 78.1 KB)
- Appendix (iii) (PDF, 156.8 KB)
- Introduction (DOC, 30.5 KB)
- Section 1: Curriculum planning (DOC, 417.0 KB)
- Section 2: Learning and teaching (DOC, 64.5 KB)
- Section 3: Assessment (DOC, 105.5 KB)
- Section 4: Subject leader guidance (DOC, 94.5 KB)
- Section 5: Learning across the curriculum (DOC, 97.5 KB)
- Section 6: Re, inclusion and equalities (DOC, 69.5 KB)
- Appendix i (DOC, 135.0 KB)
- Appendix ii (DOC, 43.0 KB)