The Matrix Challenge
3 January 2020
The Matrix Challenge is an innovative free cyber competition developed and supported by UK law enforcement that consists of five mini tasks.
- is open from Monday 20 January to Friday 14 February 2020 and you can take part at any time during this period.
- open to all 11 to 17 year olds in the UK (the two age groups are 11 to 14 years and 15 to 17 years).
- is designed to meet all of the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- will be played as part of a school lesson, extra-curricular activity or it can be set to be completed at home.
- semi-final is taking place on Saturday 21 March and any semi-finalists will be contacted once the competition finishes. There will be prizes on the day for the top 3 in each age category.
- for all attending, refreshments and lunch will be provided on the day.
The top entries in each region will be invited to a regional semi-final, with the top 3 competitors from each age category from this event moving on to a national grand final in July 2020. There will be a prize for the top 3 competitors from each category at both the semi-final and the national final.
Your local Police Cyber Choices officer can offer various engagement sessions to support the challenge, including attending your school for assemblies etc. and provide more information around Cyber Security and Cyber Choices.
There is no requirement for an engagement session to take part. The Matrix Challenge is a self-contained online game available at home, in schools, clubs or anywhere you have a device and access to the internet.
However if you would like an input to engage with your students for the competition launch please let us know ASAP, as these sessions will be facilitated on a first come first serve basis and are expected to be booked up quickly.
Watch out for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and specifics.
Further details on the challenge are available by visiting the Matrix Challenge website
- School name
- Point of contact
- Potential number of students who you would like to enter the completion
- Are you interested in receiving an input from your local Cyber Choices officer.
We wish you good luck for the competition and hope to see you on the 21 March. If you have any further questions please feel free to get in touch.
Eastern Matrix Challenge Team, Regional Cyber Crime Unit
Office: 01707 355464
Mobile: 07872 047565 and 07736 481014