Showcasing best practice in the teaching of phonics and early reading
6 June 2019
New date added due to popular demand.
Kingsnorth English Hub are delighted to announce that they will be running a series of funded showcases to demonstrate elements of excellent practice in the teaching of early literacy. These half day events will provide all participants with the opportunity to share best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics and early reading whilst promoting a love of reading.
Help every child become a reader
Events will include:
- An introductory talk explaining key leadership decisions that have enabled reading to be a success in our school
- A learning walk to see and discuss best practice in the teaching of phonics, reading and early language acquisition
- Guest speakers covering phonics or early language acquisition
- Practical activities and ideas to take away
- How to choose and use resources effectively
- Follow up support after the event (potential access to funding and training)
- Access to reduced rates from publishers and resource providers.
Who should attend?
Headteachers and/or Senior Leaders to accompany EYFS or KS1 teachers with an interest in:
- improving the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics
- practicing phonics through decodable books
- implementing the teaching of phonics into reading.
Two participants per school - places are limited. Cover and travel costs will be reimbursed once Action Plans have been completed.
When and where will they take place?
All showcase events will run 9am until 12pm at Kingsnorth CEP in Ashford on:
- Wednesday 5 June 2019 - Fully booked
- Wednesday 19 June 2019 - Fully booked
- Tuesday 25 June 2019 - Fully booked
- Thursday 27 June 2019 - New date added due to popular demand
- Wednesday 3 July 2019 - Fully booked.
Places are filling quickly. Book soon to avoid disappointment.
How can I book a place?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01233 650606
Address: Kingsnorth CEP, Church Hill, Kingsnorth. Ashford, Kent TN23 3EF