Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) Funding Model Consultation
30 November 2018
This consultation will run for 6 term-time weeks, closing on Friday 25 January 2019.
These proposals seek to develop a new funding model for PRUs and Alternative Provision (AP) in Kent, to ensure that all schools operate in a way that is inclusive whilst continuing to improve performance and outcomes for all children, in line with the Government’s vision published in March 2018 - Creating Opportunity for All: Out Vision for Alternative Provision, which aims to ensure that:
- the right children are placed in AP
- children have good experiences of, and receive high quality education in, AP
- children achieve meaningful outcomes after leaving AP
- AP is recognised as an integral part of the education system
- the system is designed to achieve high quality outcomes for children and value for money for the taxpayer.
In this consultation, the two different stages of the current model are explained, with the recommendation to continue to calculate the district allocation using the existing formula but to include additional elements. There are considerations in relation to implementing either a fully devolved funding model or a half devolved, half delegated funding model.
All staff and representatives of Schools, Academies, Pupil Referral Units and Alternative Provision in Kent; and any individuals or organisations who would like to make comment on the proposals; are encouraged to respond to the Consultation.
To submit a response to this consultation, please complete the Consultation Response Form (DOCX, 25.4 KB) and send to email@example.com by 25 January 2019. The full consultation report and supporting information is provided as follows:
- PRU Funding Model Consultation Document (DOCX, 111.8 KB)
- Appendix 1: Proposed Model Impact on Individual Schools and District Allocations (PDF, 176.5 KB)
- Consultation Response Form (DOCX, 25.4 KB)
- Equality Impact Assessment (DOC, 66.0 KB)
- KCC County Wide PRU Funding Models Consultation Impact Analysis (PDF, 129.5 KB)
If you have any questions about the Consultation, please email your enquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org.