Kent Children's Portal update
28 September 2020
We are pleased to report that we are still very much on track for the Kent Children's Portal to go live on 12 October, now only 2 weeks from today!
Below are the key points and top tips which we have updated in response to some questions asked.
Key Points and top tips:
- Access to the portal will be through the existing sites - Kelsi and KSCMP.
- Users will have to register to set up an account - this is quick and easy to do and just requires a name and email address that can be accessed whilst the portal is being used.
- The system offers greater security, with features such as the requirement of an authentication code (delivered to the user by email) for each submission and forms are submitted directly into the Early Help Module.
- Full guidance will be available and will be released before the go live date, this includes a short instruction video.
- Full testing has taken place with partner agencies.
- Most browsers can be used however, use of Chrome is recommended for greater efficiency.
- There will be the facility to provide feedback, and whilst we won't be able to respond to individuals, we will be regularly reviewing and using feedback to further develop the Portal.
- Individual accounts are recommended but where this is not possible (for some of our partner agencies - any KCC staff will be expected to have their own account) it is advised that portal users within a service should be kept to a minimum.
- We will be asking for the same information - but in a slightly different format.
- You will be able to save and print a PDF copy of the form.
Next Monday (5 October) we will be sending out another reminder along with links to enable you to set up your accounts in time to go live on 12 October. We will also be sending out guidance and a link to a short instruction video.