Half term at Wildwood
10 May 2019
Go wild in the woods this May Half-Term holiday at Wildwood.
Wildwood have plenty of free activities to entertain both adults and children including daily talks and feeds, meet an animal sessions, touchtables, Wildwood Watch, Ice Age Day and our Wildwood Detective Trail with prize draw.
We also have our menagerie of British wildlife from past and present, the new Red Squirrel Walkthrough, the Bear Bridge and our exciting adventure playpark - all wrapped up in 40 acres of ancient woodland.
Meet an Animal
Your chance to meet one of our cuddly, friendly critters. Ask at our admissions area for times on the day when you arrive.
Find out more about the history and behaviour of our animals with engaging talks and feeds by our wildlife experts.
- 11am - Soay Sheep
- 12pm - Bears
- 1pm - Otters
- 2:15pm - Birds of Prey
- 3pm - Red Squirrels.
Daily Activities (including)
- Touchtables - Get close to nature and interact with antlers, skulls, furs and other tactile animal artifacts at our touchtables.
- How to Feed a Zoo - Learn all about the nutritional needs of our animals and what it takes to keep over 200 animals fit and healthy.
- Red Squirrel Drey Crafting - Make your own squirrel home out of paper.
- Horse Digestion Crafting - Learn how horses process food.
- Bird Flying - Our keepers will be flying our birds of prey at 2:15pm every day.
All talks will take place at the animals' enclosures (birds of prey talk will take place at the outdoor arena next to the ravens). Talks, meet an animal and activities may vary, please check the noticeboard on entry to the park for daily details.
Wildwood Detective Trail
One of our animals are being naughty! Can your family figure out which animal is running amok around Wildwood? Look at the clues, fill out the trail card with the correct answer and then enter into our prize draw for a chance to win vouchers.
Wildwood Watch - Wednesday 29 May
- 11am - Morning - Nature Walk
- 2pm - Afternoon - Nest and Eggs Interactive Talk.
Back to the Ice Age - Thursday 30 May
- 11am - Morning - Atlatl Spear Throwing
- 2pm - Afternoon - Tribal Face Painting, Make a Shell Bracelet and Ice Age Dress-Up.
Back to the Ice Age afternoon session must be booked in advance (speak to our shop staff on 01227 209621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). Limited Spaces. Minimum Age 7. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
The Wildwood Half Term poster is available for displaying in your school or setting.
Visit the Wildwood Trust website for further information.
Telephone: 01227 209621