Free Phonics Showcase Events
21 October 2019
Kingsnorth English Hub are delighted to announce that they will be running a second year of funded showcases to demonstrate excellent practice in the teaching of early literacy.
These half day events provide participants with the opportunity to share best practice in the teaching of systematic synthetic phonics and early reading whilst promoting a love of reading.
Help every child become a reader! Events will include:
- An introductory talk explaining key leadership decisions that have enabled reading to be a success in our school
- A learning walk to showcase good phonics practice with exemplification on what can be achieved through participation in the programme followed by a discussion
- Information about the hub support offer and requirements for entry into intensive support
- Details on the validated Systematic Synthetic Phonics Programme and training and resources available
- Guest speakers covering phonics or early language acquisition
- An opportunity to reflect on your school’s own practice
- Practical activities and ideas to take away
- How to access resource funding and follow up support after the event
- Access to reduced rated from publishers and resource providers.
Is your Phonics Screening Check score below national - 83%?
Do you have low attainment in the bottom 20%?
Is your pupil premium percentage higher than average - 22.9%?
Is your Ofsted grading Requires Improvement or below?
Do you have a high proportion of hard to read groups?
If you fall into any of these categories, then Headteachers and Senior Leaders are invited to accompany EYFS and KS1 Teachers to the event.
Cover and travel costs will be reimbursed if you meet any of the above criteria and your Headteacher attends the event.
When and where will they take place?
All show case events will run 9am until 12pm at Kingsnorth CEP in Ashford on:
- Monday 11 November
- Wednesday 4 December
- Wednesday 15 January
- Wednesday 5 February
- Thursday 12 March.
Venue: Kingsnorth CEP, Church Hill, Kingsnorth, Ashford, Kent TN23 3EF
Telephone: 01233 650606
How to book a place?