Changes to Total Contribution Pay - Are you up to date?
18 December 2018
Both the way we manage and support performance, make our assessments and the rules we use for Total Contribution Pay (TCP) have been changed and made easier.
The changes include:
- Regular and well-rounded conversations with your team are now key to managing and supporting performance and making your TCP assessments. The new approach is more flexible, without the need for formal annual reviews and, therefore, easier to complete within the timeframe.
- An assessment should be carried out for all employees who are in post by the close of the TCP Assessment window - for 2018/2019 cycle this is the 4 January 2019. This means any staff who have joined or been promoted since 2 October 2018 until 4 January 2019 can be assessed too - if you feel you have enough evidence to do so.
- You do have the option to defer assessments for up to six months for new starters, promotions, secondments/acting up, permanent relief and individuals in a formal process such as Performance and Capability.
- You should not defer assessment in other circumstance (e.g. absence and maternity leave) and instead use the previous year’s rating - unless there is a reason this is not appropriate.
- The four ratings are now:
- Performance Improvement Required
- Please familiarise yourself with the new ratings and their definitions before making your assessments by reviewing the TCP Guidance (PDF, 1.2 MB).