Kent Maintained Schools Policy Directory and HR Guidance
HR Policy Directory
The Schools’ Personnel Service has developed a suite of HR Policies for Kent Maintained Schools on behalf of the Local Authority. These documents are designed to support Headteachers and line managers in the management of a range of staffing issues including absence and ill health, discipline, grievances and capability.
The Local Authority expects that all KCC Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools will use these documents as the basis for their HR policies. This document is also strongly recommended for consideration for adoption by Foundation and Aided Schools.
You can view these policies on the SPS Resources page. Select the School and Academy Policies link on the left hand side of the page to view the model policies.
- Regular Voluntary Overtime Annual Leave Pay
- Total Contribution Pay (TCP)
- Managing and Supporting Performance
- Industrial Action
- Jury Service Leave Guidance (PDF, 146.2 KB)
- Reserve Forces Leave Guidance (PDF, 293.9 KB)
- Timeout Guidance (PDF, 142.3 KB)