Kent Educational Psychology Service
Kent Educational Psychology Service (KEPS) provides services to the Local Authority and aims to improve outcomes for vulnerable children and young people. All of our Educational Psychologists are registered with the Health Care Professional Council (HCPC)
What we do
Our Educational Psychologists apply psychology within the educational system. We specialise in promoting learning, development, emotional wellbeing and positive outcomes for children, young people and their families by:
- supporting teams and organisations who work with children and young people
- promoting an understanding of children's psychology
- promoting better outcomes for vulnerable children, and enabling them to express their own views on how their needs might be supported
- supporting schools in challenging circumstances.
Our work involves the following activities:
- consultation with teachers, parents or carers and other adults who work with children and young people
- psychological assessments, advice and interventions
- professional development and training
- research and evaluation
- support for critical incidents in schools.
Find out more about our services, the work we do and how to access the service.
We work with:
- Individuals and groups of children and young people (0 to 25 years of age) and their parents or carers
- Educational establishments and adults who educate and care for children and young people
- Professionals from other agencies and practitioners in educational settings and communities.
We are committed to:
- listening very carefully
- helping people to share stories
- everyone being able to develop and learn
- supporting others to recognise and develop personal resources
- helping people to understand their feelings
- starting from where people are
- making quality assessments, observations and judgements have more validity with a natural setting
- respecting every individual we have contact with
- valuing the individual and valuing people's differences.
Are you interested in becoming an Educational Psychologist?
Every year we run a day for people interested in becoming an Educational Psychologist. Contact us for details.
This year's event is on Friday 16 June in Maidstone. View the Interest Day leaflet (DOCX, 69.5 KB) for more information.