Planned and Reactive Maintenance
The contract with Kier for the East Kent Area will expire on 20 January and Skanska, who are already delivering services in the West Kent area, have been awarded the contract.
Will the types of services change from 21 January?
Although the provider has changed the contract will remain the same and the scope of services available to Schools in the East Kent will remain as currently provided.
New contact details
From 21 January please use the following details to contact Skanska:
- Skanska - covering schools in the following districts - Thanet, Dover, Canterbury and Swale. Helpdesk - 0800 901 2464 - Eastkenthelpdesk@skanska.co.uk
Contact details for Mid Kent and West Kent areas remain unchanged
- Skanska - covering schools in the following districts - Dartford and Gravesham, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks. Helpdesk - 0800 901 2464 - email@example.com
- Amey - covering schools in the following districts - Tonbridge and Malling, Maidstone, Ashford, Shepway. Helpdesk - 01622 624003 - firstname.lastname@example.org
What services will be available?
The scope of services available to Schools for which KCC are responsible are set out in the table below:
Can non KCC schools and Academies, free Schools, UTCs, and any other School that receives funding from DFE access services?
Any school in Kent can access these services via contacting the Helpdesk and placing an order, you will be advised of any charges when you place your order.
KCC Funded (for schools where KCC is responsible)
Classcare Scheme Funded
Landlord Funded Statutory Inspections (LFSI) including
Resultant works from the above LFSI services within scope of Classcare Package 1 scheme
Resultant works from the above LFSI services NOT within scope of Classcare Package 1 scheme
Other Reactive Maintenance requests within scope of Classcare Package 1 scheme
Fabric Maintenance not included within Classcare Package 1
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing Maintenance not included within LFSI or Classcare Package 1
Portable Appliance Testing
Security, Access and Intruder Systems Maintenance
Building Management Systems Maintenance
Standby Power Systems Maintenance
Audio Visual Equipment Maintenance
Handyman and Portering Services
Hard and Soft Landscaping Services
Green / Brown Roof Management
How quickly will my order or call be dealt with?
All service requests need to be made by contacting the relevant provider in your area and logging a call with the helpdesk.
Matters giving rise to an immediate:
|C||Matters which impinge upon the proper working of the school in relation to all users|
|D||Matters of a routine nature|
- Response time: The point in time when an email or telephone acknowledgement is received by the caller from the TFM Contractor's Helpdesk
- Interim Solution time: The point in time when the Contractor attends site and makes safe or achieves an interim fix to the reactive service request
- Permanent Solution time: The point in time when a permanent solution to the reactive service request is achieved by the Contractor
Please speak to your relevant TFM Contractor as call out charges may apply.
How do I track progress on my service request?
The service provider helpdesk will provide regular updates on progress of service request. You will also be able to access the helpdesk system to obtain a live status of your service request.
Who do I contact at KCC if I have any questions?
If you require any further information please email email@example.com.
What if I have a compliant about the service that I am receiving from one of the providers?
Please ensure all service requests are reported to the relevant providers Helpdesk. If you experience any issues with the service provided, please raise your issue / complaint by emailing the relevant provider copying in firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com detailing the nature of your complaint. This will then be monitored by KCC and we will contact you directly if appropriate.
What do I do in an emergency?
In case of an emergency, please contact your usual emergency contacts and the provider in your area instead of KCC Property Service Desk.