A message from Matt Dunkley CBE:
18 October 2019 weekly update
18 October 2019
This week, Matt introduces our School Funding Formula consultation and extends an invitation to his Autumn Headteacher Briefings.
School Funding Consultation
On Monday we launch our School Funding consultation which proposes a number of changes to our Local Funding Formula which is used to calculate your annual School budget.
This consultation is necessary as the Government has announced additional funding for schools next year and this consultation contains a number of proposals which will affect the amount of funding your school receives next year. The consultation runs for just over 5 weeks and closes on Monday 18 November 2019.
We are encouraging all maintained schools, academies and free schools in the area covered by Kent County Council to respond to this consultation.
The consultation documentation consists of:
- a word document which provides the background and overview of the consultation as well as explaining each proposal in more detail;
- an excel school-specific illustration model that allows you to see the impact of different scenarios on your school budget;
- an online consultation response form.
You can access all of the above documentation online at the KCC website from Monday 14 October 2019.
We recommend that you read the word document first before looking at the school specific illustration model.
We will be discussing this consultation in further detail at this term’s Headteacher Briefings.
If you have any questions about the consultation, please email your query to email@example.com.
Headteacher Briefings - November 2019
I would like to invite all Headteachers to my termly Headteacher Briefings which are now co-produced with KAH. We look forward to discussing with you and sharing views on the new Ofsted Inspection Framework with feedback from colleagues who have just experienced it; an SEND action update; the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF) Project with Kent schools and School Funding consultation overview and plans for future Headteacher Briefings. I do hope you are able to join myself and KAH colleagues at these briefings:
- Monday, 11 November - 9am for 9:30am start to 12pm - Ashford International Hotel
- Monday 11 November - 1pm for 1:30pm start to 4pm - Canterbury Cricket Ground
- Wednesday 13 November - 1pm for 1:30pm start to 4pm - Oakwood House, Maidstone
- Monday 18 November - 9am for 9:30am start to 12pm - Brands Hatch Hotel, Dartford
To reserve your place please email CYPESupportTeam@kent.gov.uk confirming your name, school and the session you are able to join.
I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at these briefings.
Matt Dunkley CBE
Children, Young People and Education