Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) Training
The courses cover the essential information and knowledge for DSL's to fully meet the requirements of national guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education and the Ofsted Section 5 briefing.
In line with Department for Education guidelines, the DSL must be a member of the school leadership team and have the authority to make safeguarding decisions on behalf of the school.
- DSL (whole day) - Essential training for Designated Safeguarding Leads who are new to the role or have not attended training within the last three years. For information about DSL whole day training .
- DSL Refresher training (whole day) - This training is an update for those experienced DSLs who have completed DSL training, and enables them to maintain the statutory requirement to attend child protection training every two years.
- Online Safeguarding for Designated Safeguarding Leads and Senior Leadership Staff (whole day) - This training seeks to support designated persons with their responsibilities regarding schools online safeguarding policy and practice. Please note this course is for DSLs only. It does not qualify as a refresher training for DSL role but would count as an at least annual update.
- Safeguarding Conference for Designated Safeguarding Leads in Schools (whole day) - This training is for experienced Designated Safeguard Leads (DSL) in schools and colleges who need to complete an annual update as required by Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSIE) 2018, it will not be classed as a DSL Refresher training.
To book register or log onto CPD Online
You can access all of our training by searching 'safeguarding' on CPD Online
- All day course - £165
Whole school training - it is the responsibility of the DSL to ensure this training takes place for all new and existing staff. Refresher training is required every two years; additionally staff must receive at least annual updates. It is the DSL's responsibility to ensure that such training takes place; this can be commissioned from the Education Safeguarding Service. Please speak to your Area Safeguarding Advisor (Education) (PDF, 70.5 KB) for more information.
Other training opportunities
- Online Safety for Designated Safeguarding Leads - £165 per delegate
For booking and further course information go to CPD Online
Safeguarding Courses for Early Years
There is training for those who have designated responsibility for safeguarding children in their Early Years setting, as well as basic safeguarding awareness training for all Early Years staff. These training opportunities can be accessed through CPD Online
- Safeguarding Training for Childminders (Safeguarding Children and Thresholds for Intervention) - there will be four courses in 2019/20 academic year.
- Cost - £50 per delegate.
- Please go to the Early Years section of CPD Online search under keyword 'childminder' for more information and to book.
For setting staff:
- Early Years Basic Child Protection Awareness - £65 per delegate
For designated person:
- Early Years Safeguarding Module 1 - for the person delegated to safeguarding - £100 per delegate
- Early Years Safeguarding Refresher - for the person delegated to safeguarding - £100 per delegate
- Online Safety for Early Years Managers or Designated Person - £100 per delegate
Kent Safeguarding Children Board
The Kent Safeguarding Children Board provide training for all staff who work with children and young people. Visit the KSCB website for more information and to view their training calendar.