Managing staff allegations
County Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) Services
The County LADO Service deals with allegations against staff who work with children either in education or the wider children's workforce.
If you need to speak to the LADO Service regarding an allegation against a member of staff please contact the LADO Service or complete the referral form. Your details will be taken and passed to the LADO on duty. The same LADO will support you through the process until the matter has been resolved.
County LADO Service: 03000 41 08 88
If a call is urgent i.e. a child is in immediate danger and requires safeguarding, call 03000 41 11 11.
If a call is urgent and outside of office house call 03000 41 91 91.
LADO Feedback Form
The County LADO Service welcomes feedback to help improve our services, please complete our feedback form
Local and National guidance
KCC managing allegations against staff practice guidance
This guidance should be used in respect of all cases in connection with the person who works with children in either a paid or unpaid (volunteer) capacity where it is alleged that a person has:
- behaved in a way that has harmed a child, or may have harmed a child
- possibly committed a criminal offence against or related to a child
- behaved towards a child or children in a way that indicates he or she may pose a risk of harm to children
- behaved in a way that indicates they may not be suitable to with children (includes transfer of risk, risk by association).
- Guidance for safer working practice for those working with children and young people in education settings
- Managing allegations against staff in the children's workforce (PDF, 657.9 KB)
- Guidance for investigation reports for all settings (PDF, 164.1 KB)
- County LADO Service (CLS) escalation guidance (DOCX, 54.5 KB)
- CLS privacy notice and retention policy (DOC, 111.0 KB)