Outdoor Education information resources
Please note that some of these resources link to external websites. The Outdoor Education Unit has no control over the content of these sites.
- Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) identifies the benefits of booking package travel through an ABTA accredited travel agent.
- Childsafe: The Childsafe resources include guidance booklets and safety cards that can be issued to host families, staff and pupils involved in exchange visits and homestays.
- The following 'Learn for Life' website produced by the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT) contains sections for teachers that includes schemes of work and resources, a 'kidszone' that includes online games and many more resources and links. Learn for Life - Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (WWT).
- Orienteering: The following document has been produced by the Outdoor Education Unit and identifies contacts and local resources available to Kent schools.
- Paddlesports (including canoeing and kayaking) (PDF, 279.4 KB) The following document was produced by the British Canoe Union (BCU) to provide guidance when using Kayaks in swimming pools. It also includes a sample scheme of work and lesson plans for a introducing beginners to the sport of kayaking.
- Pre-trip planning advice - any group insured through Kent County Council's Safehands Travel Insurance Scheme have access to the AIG Europe Assist website. This website provides both country specific guidance, including important medical information, security risks and important telephone codes, etc. and general travel advice. There are also details regarding a number of other valuable services offered by the scheme that will be of benefit to any group travelling abroad.
- We strongly advise all groups travelling abroad consult this site as part of their planning process. To access the site your policy number is required. This is available from the Insurance and Risk Management section on (01622) 694652
- Road Safety The Department of Transport have produced the following website to promote road safety and to provide resources for both teachers and pupils. Sample lesson plans and schemes of work are available.
- Group leaders guidance: health and safety of pupils on educational visits - 'A Handbook for Group Leaders' (Department for Education) (PDF, 159.4 KB)
- Support staff guidance (DOC, 55.0 KB) The following document provides guidance for school staff and their roles beyond the classroom.