Statutory Compliance Training September 2019
12 July 2019
GEN² who act on behalf of KCC as Managing Agent on all property matters are running a day of statutory compliance training starting with Asbestos and Fire in the morning; and Water Hygiene in the afternoon.
The following sessions has been arranged free of charge.
The dates and venues are as follows:
Mid Kent - SHQ - Lecture Theatre, Sessions House, Maidstone, Kent ME14 1XQ
- Fire - (am only) - Wednesday 18 September 2019 - 9:30am to 10:30am
- Asbestos - (am only) - Wednesday 18 September 2019 - 10:30am to 1pm
- Water Hygiene - (pm only) - Wednesday 18 September 2018 - 2pm to 4:30pm
West Kent - Hall - Gravesend AEC, Darnley Road, Gravesend, Kent DA11 0RX
- Fire - (am only) - Thursday 19 September 2019 - 9:30am to 10:30am
- Asbestos - (am only) - Thursday 19 September 2019 - 10:30am to 1pm
- Water Hygiene - (pm only) - Thursday 19 September 2019 - 2pm to 4:30pm
East Kent - Brockhill Country Park, Sandling Road, Saltwood, Nr Hythe, Kent CT21 4HL
- Fire - (am only) - Friday 20 September 2019 - 9:30am to 10:30am
- Asbestos - (am only) - Friday 20 September 2019 - 10:30am to 1pm
- Water Hygiene - (pm only) - Friday 20 September 2019 - 2pm to 4:30pm
Asbestos training will cover the following issues:
- Asbestos facts and health effects
- Asbestos regulations (CAR 2012)
- KCC policy and procedures
- Management survey process
- Removal process
- Emergency and Responsive situations
- Key points and case studies.
Fire training will cover the following issues:
- KCC policy
- Roles and responsibilities
- Fire safety risk assessment.
Water Hygiene will cover the following points:
- What is Legionella
- Legislation (ACOP L8 and HASAW Act 1974)
- Case Studies
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Risk Assessment Survey Process
- Training Procedures
- Water Sampling
- Escalation Procedure.
The outline of the relevant sessions is to make everyone aware of their obligations under the current legislation and will explain how these will be met.
Please note that no refreshments will be provided, however, you are able to purchase food at all venues or in the locality.
New process - reserving your seat
We have put in place a new booking process.
- Go to the Delta Learning website to register an account.
- Select ‘Support & Login Options’ and then ‘Create New Account’.
- Delegates must register as individuals using their own name. You can not register as a whole school.
- In the ‘User Type’ field, please select ‘Non KCC Employee’.
- The OEN (Employee number) field should be left blank.
- You must enter the code stat0512 using the registration code field at the bottom of the form. If you do not enter the registration code your request will be rejected and you will have to apply again.
- You will receive an email asking you to confirm your email address. Follow the link in the email to confirm.
- Once confirmed, your request will come to us for approval. Please allow 24 hours for your account to be approved. When your account is approved, you will be sent a confirmation email.
- After your account has been approved, go to the Delta Learning website to access your courses.
- Select the relevant course from the three buttons. If the three courses are not immediately displayed, please allow up to two hours for your permissions to refresh.
- When you access the course page, you need to select ‘enrol’ at the top of the page to sign up.
If you have any questions please contact HRLearning&Development@kent.gov.uk.
See maps for all venues:
- Brockhill Country Park (DOCX, 420.6 KB)
- Gravesend AEC Hall (DOCX, 292.8 KB)
- Sessions House, Maidstone (DOCX, 380.0 KB)
HR Learning and Development