Barnardo’s BeFree Positive Relationships Service
1 February 2019
Free, Kent-wide service for 10 to 16 year old girls and transgender individuals, who are at risk of experiencing unhealthy or abusive relationships.
BeFree Positive Relationships is a free, Kent-wide service commissioned by Kent County Council for 10 to 16 year old girls, young women and transgender individuals, who are at risk of experiencing unhealthy or abusive relationships.
We deliver both one-to-one and group work programmes and, if requested, parent and carer sessions.
The service aims to:
- Deliver a non-stigmatising relationship and sexual education.
- Build emotional health and resilience.
- Empower informed choices about emotional and physical relationships.
Anybody can refer a young person to the service and the referral criteria are wide to ensure that as many at-risk individuals as possible can access the service. They include:
- Becoming or is a child in care
- Disengagement with education or training
- Low self-esteem
- Risk taking behaviours including substance misuse
- Forming inappropriate or abusive relationships
- Conceiving under the age of 18
- Becoming a teenage mother
- Early sexual activity
- Maintaining sexual health
- Becoming engaged in the criminal justice system
- Mental health conditions.
Please also pass these on to any colleagues or individuals you feel would be interested in the service.
Telephone: 01892 511468