Tics and Tourettes
This workshop will provide a breakdown of the causes and impact of tics and Tourette's syndrome.
- This one-day workshop will provide a breakdown of the causes and impact of tics and Tourette syndrome and the different types of tic disorders that may be evident in the classroom
- Staff will consider the needs and anxieties of parents and how best to signpost them to support
- Participants will explore the impact of tics and Tourettes on academic progress and emotional wellbeing
- Participants will consider how adaptations can be made to learning to better support pupils with tics and the impact of attitudes and approaches within school environments to tic severity and pupil wellbeing
- Participants will consider and discuss the range of strategies available for supporting pupils with tics to achieve their full academic potential
TAs, teachers and SENCOs in Primary and Secondary schools.
Presented by Katie Skinner, Meadowfield STLS.
Lunch and refreshments are included.
How to book
Please book using CPD Online
MIDAS, Meadowfield School
AddressSwanstree Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 4NL
View more events