Teaching and Leading KS1 Computing CPD
Part of a national CPD programme to boost teachers knowledge, skills and confidence with delivering engaging computing lessons.
Computing is a broad subject, made up of computer science, information technology and digital literacy. This two-day professional development course is delivered as part of the National Centre for Computing Education and aims to increase confidence in teaching the whole of the Key Stage 1 curriculum.
You will be able to help children:
- understand how computers work, their constituent parts and the instructions they follow
- recognise the many types of computer system in the world around them, making purposeful and safe use of them
- learn through projects and lessons where they collect and share data through surveys and investigations
- create digital content such as images, video and sound in multimedia projects
- consider their own use of technology, the benefits and risks that it brings, and know its importance in the world and their learning through development of your own subject knowledge, pedagogy and practice.
Dates: Day 1 - 21 January 2020 (9:30am to 4pm) and Day 2 - 11 March 2020 (9:30am to 4pm).
How to book
To book a place on this course, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maidstone Grammar School for Girls
AddressBuckland Road, Maidstone, Kent ME16 0SF
£35 per day (£70 for two days including lunch)
View more events