Managing Challenging Behaviour and Prevention of Exclusion
In this presentation we will consider a range of the issues around exclusion including current policies and procedures.
Exclusion is on the rise again as the number of permanent and fixed exclusions have increased year on year from 2012/2013 to the current situation.
In this presentation we will consider a range of the issues around exclusion including current policies and procedures. We will outline ways to reduce school exclusion through proactive systems and strategies and will focus on the key reason for the majority of school fixed term and permanent exclusions - Persistent Disruptive Behaviour.
Issues to be discussed include:
- Exclusion and Persistent Disruptive behaviour
- Challenging School Exclusions: The JUSTICE 29 key Recommendation’s
- The link between Exclusion and Mental Health
- Effectively tackling low level, defiant, demanding and disruptive behaviour
- Making reasonable adjustments for pupils with additional needs
- Strategies for engaging disengaged pupils and boosting attendance
- The link between Bullying, Behaviour and Exclusion
- Working with families to improve behaviour and reduce Exclusion.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
We require a minimum of one weeks’ notice of cancellation for a full refund.
How to book
The Beacon School
AddressPark Farm Road, Folkestone, Kent CT19 5DN
View more events