Kent ASD Stage 1 Awareness Raising - Primary
For staff in Primary schools who are new to working with pupils with ASD or those who have not previously attended autism training.
Participants will gain an understanding of autism and the strategies and interventions used to support children and young people who have a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
This one-day workshop will include:
- What is ASD?
- Psychological theories relating to ASD
- Implications for communication and interaction
- Creating an appropriate learning environment - strategies and interventions
- Dealing with behaviour - understanding and supporting pupils
- Developing effective support for pupils with ASD in your school
This one-day workshop is designed for staff in Primary schools who are new to working with pupils with ASD or those who have not previously attended autism training.
Lunch and refreshments are included
How to book
Please book using CPD Online
MIDAS, Meadowfield School
AddressSwanstree Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 4NL
£55 per delegate
View more events