Children who can speak but don't
Presented by Becky Kenny, Meadowfield STLS and Ruth Smith, Meadowfield STLS SALT.
Participants will receive practical advice for parents, young people, professionals and assistants working in education, health, social work, leisure and care settings.
- Persistent lack of communication, despite being able to talk freely in some situations, creates feelings of anxiety, frustration and inadequacy, both for the individual and those supporting them.
- Attending this half-day or full-day workshop will give you an understanding of what causes children and young people to withdraw from communication or become silent in certain situations (selective mutism) and the knowledge to work together to develop prevention and management strategies.
All staff working with children and young people who appear withdrawn and reluctant communicators.
Parents will also be invited to attend this workshop.
- £20 per delegate with refreshments and lunch included - PVI settings and maintained nurseries
- £40 per delegate with refreshments and lunch included - Primary schools
- £55 per delegate with refreshments and lunch included - Secondary schools.
How to book
Please book using CPD Online
AddressMeadowfield School, Swanstree Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 4NL
£20, £40 or £55
View more events