ASD and Anxiety
To understand why anxiety forms such a barrier to learning.
- To understand why anxiety forms such a barrier to learning
- To empathise with children and young people who feel anxious at school
- To explore a range of evidence based interventions to support children and young people who have autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and experience significant levels of anxiety.
In this one-day workshop participants will:
- Develop an understanding of different types of anxiety
- Consider sensory needs and associated anxiety for people with ASD
- Understand theories of autism and the link to anxiety
- Consider psychological interventions to help children and young people to manage their anxiety
- Reflect on successful reintegration to school after a period of school refusal due to severe anxiety.
SENCOs, Primary and Secondary teachers, TAs and other professionals working with children and young people with ASD.
Presented by Katie Skinner, Meadowfield STLS.
Lunch and refreshments are included.
How to book
Please book using CPD Online
MIDAS, Meadowfield School
AddressSwanstree Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 4NL
View more events