An Introduction to Basic Counselling Skills
This one-day workshop is suitable for participants who have an interest in using counselling skills within their current role.
This one-day workshop is suitable for participants who have an interest in using counselling skills within their current role. Participants will develop skills to support those who draw on counselling skills in the workplace.
- What is meant by counselling?
- Developing self-awareness
- Using paraphrasing and reflection of feelings
- Empathy not sympathy
- What is unconditional positive regard?
- Being congruent
- The importance of confidentiality and ethics
- When to refer onto other agencies.
This workshop is ideal for professionals who work in a helping role and anyone who is interested in enhancing their people and communication skills.
Presented by Jason Colyer, Counsellor.
Lunch and refreshments are included.
How to book
Please book using CPD Online
MIDAS, Meadowfield School
AddressSwanstree Avenue, Sittingbourne, Kent ME10 4NL
£80 per delegate
View more events