About the Service
The PRU, Inclusion and Attendance Service (PIAS) has adopted a new approach of intervening early and providing timely support to schools, children and families to address the issues of behaviour, attendance and exclusion. The Area Attendance and Inclusion Lead Officers work in partnership with schools to prevent exclusion where appropriate and to re-integrate excluded pupils with effective support.
PIAS will work in partnership with schools to prevent exclusion where appropriate and to re-integrate excluded pupils with effective support. We can provide advice to schools on improving attendance and facilitate or carry out group and project work.
Working closely with practitioners both in Early Help and Preventative Services (EHPS) and external partners, the service will work to empower schools to manage absenteeism and exclusion more effectively.
The PRU, Inclusion and Attendance Service complements the activities of the Early Help Units by:
- Providing an integrated inclusion and attendance service that provides dedicated officers for engaging with schools in an advisory and empowering manner. They carry out group and project work with schools to improve attendance and to avoid exclusions
- Acting as the interface between the Early Help Unit and schools by working closely with both school staff and Early Help Workers in the Units
- Managing enforcement work centrally for Education Supervision Orders, Penalty Notices and Prosecution
- Providing an outreach service that supports the attendance, education achievement and welfare of children from Gypsy, Roma, Traveller and Minority Ethnic backgrounds
- Working with PRUs to empower home schools to deliver their statutory duties for pupils with challenging behaviour or medical conditions
- Working to ensure children in employment are safeguarded
- Facilitating the support for students who attend an alternative provision.
School Liaison Officers and Link Schools
Contact details for Schools Liaison Officers and link schools in your area.