Supporting Gender Variant Children and Trans Younger People in Settings and Schools
Training event being held by the Inclusion Support Service Kent.
Developing people’s understanding of what it means to be a gender variant child or trans young person in Britain today and ensure that they can support trans pupils to be confident in who they are.
Delegates will be able to:
- ensure their policies and practices are inclusive of gender variant children, trans pupils, staff and parents
- support a gender variant child or trans pupil in their school or setting
- challenge gender stereotypes and unnecessarily gendered aspects of school life
- improve attendance and achievement of gender variant children or trans pupils
- know how to eliminate transphobic bullying
Audience: SMT, EAL and Inclusion Leads, Teachers, TAs, NQTs - EYFS, KS1, 2, 3, 4
To include a copy of Kent’s Trans Inclusion Guidance for Schools and Settings.
Bespoke consultancy, support and training is also available: through an ISSK service level agreement, ad hoc or using School Improvement credits.
How to book
Please book your place using CPD Online
For more information please contact Gillie Heath by emailing Gillie.Heath@kent.gov.uk or by calling 03000 41 70 93.
Innovation Centre Medway
AddressMaidstone Road, Chatham, Kent ME5 9FD
£165 - School Improvement SLA - 3 credits (including sandwich lunch)
View more events